home greatfulness blog roll about me contact me

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Techy Super Mom

I am one of those moms that read every book about pregnancy and about babies.. too bad Callen didn't read those books too... things might have been easier.

So when I came across this, I had a small "jump for joy" in my chair at work.
gerber.com

Why, yes, I would like help planning my child's meals. How did you know?

You see that little chart on the right? Oh yeah baby,  A CHART! You can customize each meal. Quantity, Food Item, Meal. It's FAN-TAS-TIC!  I thought my son ate alot, but not 7 times a day. I'm alright with that... because I was able to customize the meals he does eat and see that we more than meet the minimum calorie needs.  Although we are still trying each food a week at a time, I was able to make a pretty chart.  I. Am. SO. Excited about customizing this week by week. So. Excited.

Drawbacks:
It is that it is brand specific. We don't use Gerber formula, but we eat Gerber foods.  
You also choose foods outside of the "Supported Sitter" category.  For instance - I buy the Stage 2 foods, because they are the same food, in more quantity, for $.03 more. Double the quantity $.03 more. HELLO. I can measure out the correct serving for that savings. 
You can't copy one day to the next. You have click, click, click to get each day planned out right. I'd like to copy and paste and then edit. I like super techy things, but I don't have all the time in the world. 

I've already warned Kellie that she should expect a print out on Monday and that it was OK if she giggled a little at me.  We've just been wingin' it all along. Which is ok. My Meal Plan is really just an organized version of our Wing It Plan, with the calorie, food group, and nutrient list. 

SO. EXCITED. SO. SUPER. EXCITED.

Any of you mom's have any cool techy mommy helper tools that you are using? I'd love to try them. If you tried this, what do you think of it?

1 comment:

  1. I plan to really use this when Logan is 6Months and eating more solids for sure!
    As far as other things I use.. nothing so far except the Netflix app. I was able to sit on the couch with him while Lee watched baseball and play Backyardigans on my phone for Logan. Pretty neat...

    ReplyDelete